The Crook Farm Country Fair and Old Time Music Festival
The Crook Farm, 476 Seaward Avenue, Bradford, PA
476 Seaward Avenue
Bradford, PA 16701 United States
Now in our 40th year, the annual Crook Farm Country Fair and Old Time Music Festival is a yearly tradition, featuring crafts, demonstrations, tours of the historic buildings on the farm, bluegrass music workshops, scheduled performers, and more. The Fair is held on the historic Crook Farm, at 476 Seaward Avenue, Bradford, which was the original home of Erastus and Betsy Crook, who came to the Tuna Valley as settlers in the 1840s. Purchased by the local historical society in 1972, the farmhouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. It is believed to be the oldest surviving farmhouse in the Bradford area and was in continuous possession of the Crook family for four generations, spanning 125 years.
Other buildings, which are open for tours during the festival, include the one-room schoolhouse, a replica of the first bank in Bradford, a carpenter shop, a blacksmith shop (with a real blacksmith, working at the forge!), a candle shop, weavers shed, barn, and of course, the farmhouse itself.
And the music? This year’s Festival “Theme” is Pennsylvania Fiddle Tunes.
Mark Tamsula, who specializes in SW PA Fiddle Tunes collected by Sam Bayard, will have his Lackawanna Longnecks band and other performers on the Main Stage & will be presenting Workshops featuring these interesting tunes.Songs tent & workshop areas invite all those who love music. Bring your folk, old country, bluegrass song, your instrument & your voice! We’ll sit in a circle & sing a bunch of great old classics. Square dance is held Friday and Saturday nights during the festival.
Admission $5/person. Musicians & Children under 12 FREE
60+ CRAFT & FOOD VENDORS, plus an Instrument Swap
• FREE ADMISSION – for musicians entering the fair grounds
• CONCERTS- SAT/SUN — Main Stage with host band CF All-Stars & others
• WORKSHOPS-SAT/SUN — Flatfoot Dancing, Singing, Dulcimer
• OLD TIME ROUND & SQUARE DANCING- FRI / SAT / SUN
• IMPROMPTU JAM SESSIONS- – Encouraged around the Fair all weekend
• INSTRUMENT SWAP — Bring your old instruments to trade, swap or sell!
• JAM / SONG TENT – Fri eve. & All Day SATURDAY & SUNDAY
• SUNDAY MORNING GOSPEL SING AROUND
• FREE ROUGH CAMPING – Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun nights
More info: https://crooktop.com/wp/